Saturday, March 08, 2014

Lifebook Update

As Aria settles into a somewhat semi-predictable routine (of sorts) I am managing to get some painting done. Not a lot, but at least it's something. There is so much to do that when she finally does sleep I have to work out what my priority is. A lot of the time art comes last but I'm making an effort to try and get a few hours in a week minimum.

I have been working on some of the lessons from Lifebook that I missed and so far I have finished two that I wanted to share today.

This was a lesson by Tam and I love that I am practising something that still scares me...drawing faces. Specifically, girl faces (I have no interest at this point in drawing guys). I am really pleased with how it turned out, in fact I look at it again now and I can hardly believe I drew it. I love that feeling of surprising myself- never gets old!

This one was a lesson by Alena Hennessy and I felt like I half arsed it to be honest. Aria was being quite fidgety so I never got more than 10 minutes to sink my teeth into it before needing to tend to her. And I think it shows. It looks bitty and doesn't have much consistency or flow. I'd like to give this another go at some point. I also felt like I wanted to try different colour combo but I ended up not really digging that either. 

As Aria grows up and we find ourselves getting into more and more of a routine, I hope to be able to get longer stretches of work in but only time will tell. 

P.S. I will be doing a 7 week update on the blog soon about my little girl! :)

Rhiannon x

No comments:

Post a Comment