Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Painting for Aria

I have to admit that I have been feeling less than creative recently. Everything I do seems like a chore, despite my best efforts at keeping a positive frame of mind. Being pregnant is wonderful, but tiring and uncomfortable. It's all new and lets be honest; a bit weird when you get down to the nitty gritty. You are no longer just you- you're you and someone else. Everything you do affects not only yourself but your little one. And for whatever reason I have been feeling like someone has sucked my excitement and passion for creating right out of me (a scary thought). 

Alisa Burke wrote a great post on getting comfortable with being uncomfortable when her gorgeous little Lucy arrived. And I knew I need to do the same thing right now. Push past being tired, adapt to the new feelings and changes and get on with it. So I decided a good place to start was to work on something that was meaningful to me- a painting for Aria. I knew I wanted it to be bright and colourful, but not ALL pink and pretty. (I am basing Aria's room on this concept of one dark 'feature' wall decorated with bright colours.)

I am so excited and happy with how it turned out. In fact I am going to work on some more but with different animals- the next one being a fox.

Whimsical Kitty - for Aria Whimsical Kitty - for Aria Whimsical Kitty - for Aria Whimsical Kitty - for Aria

Materials: Gesso, Acrylic Paint, Oil Pastels, Chinagraph Pencil, 2B Pencil.
Size: 10" x 12" on hardboard

Rhiannon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment