Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mushroom Project - Watercolour

The first of my experiments in my mushroom project would of course have to be in my favourite medium- watercolour. I sketched the design out using a 2B pencil on an A3 piece of Bockingford Watercolour paper. I used my favourite liquid watercolours which have the richest and most vibrancy of any watercolours I have ever used: Ecoline

Mushroom Project - Watercolour

I knew this would turn out well as its a medium I love and am very comfortable using. And while there were a few patches I messed up (the smudges around the border), overall I'm pretty happy with everything. I particularly love the detailing of the gills underneath of the mushrooms.

Mushroom Project - Watercolour Mushroom Project - Watercolour

Today I used oil pastels with this design but that is story for another day.

I would love to hear what you think I should try and replicate this design using. Maybe there is a medium or technique I have missed that I could try. Feel free to suggest anything below in the comments :)


No comments:

Post a Comment