Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pressing leaves & Welcoming Autumn

Earlier this year I started working on one of my creative goals (pressing flowers) despite starting with leaves. It was one of the first times I had walked around my garden and looked closely at individual trees and plants. I discovered so many different colours, shapes and textures. Today I'm sharing the result of my first attempt at pressing flowers leaves.

Pressing Leaves
A few of the leaves took on the pattern from the paper towel I used which looked kind of cool but wasn't what I intended.
Pressing Leaves  I'm pretty content with that as a first try. Of course now that I want to try it with flowers, there aren't any. We have just hit autumn (1st March) so everything is falling off and getting ready for Winter.  But I like autumn; it's a breath of fresh air and I love getting snugly in the evenings with a big jumper. I will do more plant/flower pressing later on in the year in Spring, but for now I'm going to enjoy the slightly shorter and cooler days.

-Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment