Thursday, January 24, 2013

Learning to draw Cats

I'm the kind of person who likes to tick as many boxes as possible when doing something- so it made absolute perfect sense to try painting my cats with watercolours instead of just drawing them. So far I have only done two paintings but I'm actually rather impressed with myself considering both were done in about 15 mins from start to finish. 

I think another cat had caught her attention outside at this point. 
Zeus isn't quite fat enough in this painting but none-the-less I am really quite happy with how it turned out. The big guy is actually lying next to me right now in that same position- awww.
I do plan on doing more drawing studies this year and learning the anatomy but these quick little paintings were super fun to do and I can see them becoming a big part of my cat project.

How is everyone getting on with their creative goals this month?

-Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment