Monday, August 06, 2012

Art Journal Page #8





#8~ Use the 'ugly' colours (aka paint tubes that are still full)

I don't know about you but I have quite a few paint tubes that I tend to steer clear of. At some point I thought it was a good idea to buy them, but since then they have merely been getting in the way as I dig for my more favoured colours. In the name of saving a bit of money, I figured it was time that I used some of these. The thing is though they aren't 'pretty' colours. They are the dark blues, murky greens and burnt umbers- put them all together and you get a bit of an ugly mix. I didn't have an expectation for the page this week other than just to use those un-loved colours.

Art Journal Page #8
When I started this page, I envisioned it being ugly and super muddled but it didn't end up like that. I actually quite like it! Burnt umber is one of my least favourite colours but I'm glad I challenged myself to use it today because it became the perfect background. 

Art Journal Page #8

It's the first time I have used a scalpel to cut out an image from a magazine and as cliché as it sounds, I don't know why I didn't start using it sooner. It made things so much easier, and faster. I think this will mean a slight influx of magazine images in weeks to come :)

Art Journal Page #8

This weeks quote was "To love what you do and feel that it matters- how could anything be more fun"~ Katherine Graham.  I love to art journal and I know that it matters. It matter to me, it matters to anyone who enjoys seeing what I make, it matters to those who take inspiration from my pages.

Art Journal Page #8
Overall? This spread is so much better than I thought it was going to be and I love surprising myself like this. It reminds me why I force myself to try new things that are outside of my comfort zone.


Supplies:
bubble wrap
cheap paint
gesso
magazine image // pva glue
scalpel // cutting mat
gold gel pen
faber-castelln pitt artist pen (B)
overland tissue paper
Rhiannon xxoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment