Monday, July 30, 2012

Art Journal Page #7



#7 ~ Use my Lamy Fountain pen to draw

For Christmas (or was it my birthday? my memory is terrible), my parents bought me a Lamy Safari Fountain pen. I had my heart set on a nice fountain pen for a while but there were too many too chose from and I had no idea what to look for. I wanted someone to come along and say "buy this one- it's amazing"; and without knowing it someone kind of did. I read iHanna's review of her recent purchase, as well as others reviews by art journalers and avid doodlers. It seemed to pass with flying colours so I went for it (or rather my parents did before I could). But as always, it quickly got absorbed into the sheer mass of art/paint/drawing/colouring supplies I have and never got the attention it deserved. This week I decided to spend time using just the fountain pen which I now have black ink in.

Art Journal Page #7

It began as a mandala while watching some Olympic TV over the weekend. From there I just doodled away without thinking about what I was doing; just focusing on the way the pen flowed.

Art Journal Page #7

I wanted to add some finer detail so I attempted some Zentagles. I actually haven't tried this before and found it to be quite good fun. A bit intimidating on a big A4 page but I can see myself doing this on a smaller scale more often. I decided to add some watercolour after as I was not liking it as just black and white. 

Art Journal Page #7

I really like the quote I used this week~ "she decided to start living the life she'd imagined'. I take it as a piece of advice so in August I am going to start living the life I'm imagining and will be launching my new Etsy shop.

Art Journal Page #7


Overall I quite like the Lamy Safari Fountain pen so far but I do want to try it it on different types of paper before I form a final opinion. The paper in my sketchbook was a bit coarse for it to work effectively I think. I ended up having to go over the lines about twice before it was dark enough.

Supplies:
Lamy Safari Fountain Pen
Reeves Watercolours

I will be back tomorrow with an update on my goal to finish my sketchbook by the end of July.

Rhiannon xxoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment