Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Did I finish my Sketchbook?

Well, no.

I didn't finish the whole sketchbook...buuuuuut I have made a big dent in it and it is a ginormous improvement from the way things were. In fact I think it is a great success.

I'm stoked that setting this goal meant I began a really fun weekly feature - Art Journal Monday. From the feedback I've had, you guys seem to really enjoy it, which is super cool! But I would love to get some more feedback- Is there something else you would like to see in this feature? Would you like to see progress shots? Is there anything you wish to see less of? Email me at rhiannon.e.stone@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you =)


I am going to continue on my new-found rhythm and hope to keep improving on it each week. I have a lot of ideas that I am looking forward to working through and sharing with you.



As if I didn't have enough goals as it is, I thought I would make a few more for good luck hehe. Well maybe they are not 'goals', but rather points to work on:
  • Loosening up: I need to stop focusing on getting 'finished' work done in this sketchbook. I need to accept that big hideous pages are also acceptable- and that I don't need to show them to anyone if I don't want to. They can stay locked away in my journal if I say so.
  • Draw more: I have focused mainly on art journaling and using paints. I need to spend more time practising my drawing so I can bring that aspect into my art journal pages easier. I really want to learn to draw cats better and owls. 
  • Make an ugly page once a month: This idea is designed to remove that resonating fear of making something unsightly and nasty. So you go in with the intention of making something ugly so you get that 'piece' out of your system.
I would love to hear about how you use your sketchbook-

Rhiannon x

No comments:

Post a Comment