Monday, July 23, 2012

Art Journal Page #6





#6~ Use an octagon pattern

This week I wanted something simple that I could do in my living room v.s sitting at my desk with all my paint. I decided to try more of a collage approach and just use glue & paper. Most were pretty pictures of gardens and fancy interior decor (even a chandelier) that I have saved for ages but haven't found a use for.

Art Journal #6

I got the idea of octagonal shapes from Natty's post back in May. She used big hexagonal cut out shapes but for some reason I could not draw these right (don't know what was going on with my brain that day haha) so decided to go with an octagon instead. I drew a template out of cardboard & traced over a whole load of magazine pages.


From there I pasted them onto my page in 4 rows & then connected them all together with some thick black lines.

Art Journal #6  

Since I still have ample amounts of old sewing patterns I decided cover one side with that and then stick some strips of brown paper to write on. I love Dr Seuss quotes and thought this one was particularly awesome: "Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh the thinks you can think up if only you try." ~ Dr Seuss

Art Journal #6

Overall I'm pretty happy with this page. It's simple, neutral and was fun to make with limited supplies. I think the hexagons would have worked better though, and had they have been a bit bigger it would have been more effective. 

Supplies:
Gesso
Magazine Cut outs
PVA glue
Fineline black pen
Brown Paper
Sewing Pattern
Glitter Gel Pen

Rhiannon xxoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment