Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Feature: Weekly Art Journal page

It's June~ seriously? I have not been doing nearly enough art journaling this year and my poor, empty sketchbook reminds me of this frequently. I need to start prioritizing my creativity so I've decided that I want to finish an entire sketchbook by the end of July.

I'm currently working in an A4, 60 sheet, spiral bound sketchbook (so 120 sides) and I've only filled up about 8 sheets so far this year. To help me achieve this goal, I decided on another feature that will be shared each Monday.


I am tremendously excited about this. It is something that has been missing from my life (and this blog) for far too long. This weekend has seen 5 new pages already!! Talk about productive! (Those who follow me on instagram would have already seen a few. If you are impatient and want to see some sneak peeks, you can find me @piercedbeautynz).

How am I going to do this? Each week I will pick one new thing to try. It might be a colour, a pattern, a technique, a material, a layout or something else. What ever it is will be noted in the post and my feelings about the final page. I don't expect them all to be awesome, or even good. Some may end up being horrible, muddy messes- but that's ok. It's about treating my sketchbook as a place to experiment, not create final pieces of art work.

So stay tuned for the first post tomorrow.
Hope you've all had a good weekend!

Rhiannon xxoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment