Thursday, May 03, 2012

April in photos

Hello May~ I see you have bought with you the start of winter. There is frost on the grass in the mornings and I have a big thick scarf permanently around my neck. I wasn't prepared for you to arrive quite yet, but nevertheless I would be lying if I said it wasn't nice to see you.
I love wearing coats, scarves & boots.
I love the crisp air.
I love the nights cuddled up on the couch under a blanket watching Seinfeld.
I love that things slow down in winter. It gives me time to learn new things, or spend more time inside making art.

It is also the month that I start ticking off things that I have planned for myself.

April has been a blur of moving trucks, late night McDonald feasts, boxes and a perpetual unsettled feeling. However I did snap a few photos along the way of things that made me smile; of things that I love (photos are not in any particular order):


I will share a few drawings/sketches I have managed to do over the last month later on today :)

p.s. My copy of Carla Sonheim's book Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists arrived today- I can't wait to start the exercises. My soul is starving and needs to be fed something fun and creative so I am going to be drawing a lot over the next few days. Stay tuned for posts focusing more on art journals, drawing, painting & other creative outlets.

Rhiannon xxoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment