Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Moleskine Sketchbook

I have got heaps done the last couple of days. About 10 hours worth of work (maybe more) so I’m really happy with that. It’s quite easy to get caught up in the work once you get your groove on. I tend to get into it around 10pm at night (I’m quite the night owl) and usually get lost in it for another two hours before I even realise what the time is.

Here is some work from the last couple of days:

A sketch of my camera =)

Looking at different ways of using photos. I experimented with cutting this one up.
I promised myself a few weeks ago that I would save up for a Moleskin sketchbook. At the time it was just something I wanted; I didn't really know why. I went up to Gordon Harris in the rain (i was that determined) to get it on Friday. There were so many to choose from!! In the end I decided to go with one that had watercolour pages since they were thicker and I hadn't used watercolour paper before. The other reason I chose this one was because it is landscape, not portrait.

This is the first page of my new Moleskin sketchbook. I was thinking what I wanted to go on the first page. I thought it should be something special so I did just that. Something special =)

I still haven't finished this page yet but I am liking it so far
Some fun with yellow, green and blue
I discovered this little nature trail last year near Devonport that weaves its way through some very pretty houses. It has a little stream and is really quiet; a really pretty place. So I decided to make the most of the few hours of sun we had yesterday and make a quick trip to take some photos. It was still really muddy from weeks of constant rain so I didn't as far along as I usually would. I am putting these photos together for the next post so keep an eye out =)

Rhiannon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment