Thursday, August 19, 2010

Morning sketches in pen

I had a relatively unsuccessful night last night. I have a lot of course to catch up on and I think it became a bit overwhelming so didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but it's still a start. I will post pictures what I did later on today.

This morning I did a few sketches on the ferry. I am very happy with the sketch of my pen (which I was drawing with at the time). It is hard to get back into drawing after weeks without picking up a pencil. Intimidating I would say. I keep reminding myself to take baby steps. Draw something simple first; don't dive into a massive detailed drawing and expect to get it perfect.


My partner did an order of books off Amazon.com a few weeks ago and bought me a couple of books that I had added to his watch list (I don't have my own amazon account so I use his). One of the books arrived last night: 1000 Artist Journal Pages by Dawn DeVries Sokol. He still won't tell me what the others are, says that they are a surprise! :)


I spent about an hour flicking through the glossy pages. It is basically a giant book of inspiration. It has given me some new ideas to try tonight and on the weekend. I am also going to have a good look through their website 1000 Journals to get some more ideas.

Rhiannon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment