Friday, September 06, 2013

'Animal Royalty'

I've started a series of paintings. 

I don't even really know how it happened. I supposed after finishing Aria's painting, I still had so much energy and ideas that I jumped into creating the next one (Fox). And then another (Polar Bear). And then another and another.

This feels like a break through for me; on believing in myself and knowing that I am capable of creating amazing work. Before I had it in my head that only real artists create series of paintings, in big spacious studios with ample natural light. Working on this series has made me realise I AM a real artist, even if I don't have all the fancy fluff that I assume goes with it!

Each painting is very different, yet similar in many ways. I continue to experiment with different medium and improve on each and every painting. Each painting brings new challenges and causes me to research a new product. 

My ultimate goal is to have a minimum of 10 completed paintings which I will sell prints of, as well as some of the originals. I won't be listing these officially until the series has finished, however if you are interested in a print, feel free to contact me before then. But without further ado....  

Welcome to the start of my series - 'Animal Royalty'

Animal Royalty - Bunny Animal Royalty - Fox Animal Royalty - Polar Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment