Monday, April 29, 2013

Art Journal Page #31

#31 - Swirls

The last week has been a hard one so I thought it was time for some soothing swirls! Something so cursive is extremely relaxing and I always go back to circles or curves when I don't want to think. Using a lot more green than I usually do (I will talk more about this in tomorrows post) I created something really expressive. I used a whole load of different materials- starting with acrylic paint, moving onto copic markers, crayon, pens. 

Art Journal #31 - Soothing Swirls
Art Journal #31 - Soothing Swirls
I did realise something odd when I painted this page- I tend not to mix colours.  I will just squeeze it out of the tube and begin painting. It's a habit I need to change though because I know I could create something much more amazing if I actually mixed up the colours. Something for me to keep in mind.

Art Journal #31 - Soothing Swirls Art Journal #31 - Soothing Swirls

-Rhiannon

2 comments: