Thursday, March 21, 2013

Inspired by Nature - Shells

This year I have really fallen in love with the beach; the feeling of the tiny grains of sand on my bare feet, the sound of waves crashing, the crisp and salty air. It makes me feel so grounded and humble. The world is pretty amazing place if you take a good look at it. I also love spending time trawling the low tide beach for shells. It's one of those things that I find really peaceful and relaxing. I find that its a very solitary task- it gives me time to think (or not depending on my mood) and be close to nature. Today I am sharing what I found on my last shell collecting expedition. They were the inspiration I needed to start working on my watercolour series that will be in my Etsy shop- which, by the way, will be open and operational by 3rd of April. You can see some previews on my Facebook page. I am also planning a give away to celebrate the opening (and my birthday) on that day so make sure you hop over and like the page to stay updated. 

Shells from Takapuna Beach, Auckland Shells from Takapuna Beach, Auckland Shells from Takapuna Beach, Auckland Shells from Takapuna Beach, Auckland -Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment