Sunday, February 24, 2013

52 Weeks of Instax ~ Week 8

Week 8
Something I have been putting off since we moved is getting my office space set up. I have always dreamed of having my own space that I could do whatever I wanted with. Now that I have it I have no idea where to start which has led me to avoid doing it entirely. However with my last day at work a mere two weeks away, I felt it was probably about time I jumped in. So I spent all of Saturday unpacking, unloading and organising. I went through a whole load of old things and threw out heaps! Random bits of scrap paper, inkless pens, crappy paintbrushes, dried up paint- all sorts. I feel quite a bit lighter now. Every time I went to save something, if I couldn't find a place for it, I would ask myself "Do I really need this? Am I going to use this or just stash it for another 2 years?" Most of the time I ended up putting it in the bin. It means that this space is fresh, there is nothing previously associated with it and I love that. I filled up my pinboard (and spilled out onto the wall) with all sorts of stuff I'm really into at the moment. There are still a few things chilling on the ground waiting for a home, and I want to paint one of the walls but I'm about 80% finished and pretty danm excited about what I'm going to create in here!
Half way through setting up my desk. I love my pinboard inspiration :) I feel like I can create anything and everything #creative #workspace #art #inspiration #pinboard
More pictures as I work on improving my office even more- I am planning on building my own custom desk so more pictures after that.

What did you get upto this weekend?

-Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment