Monday, September 10, 2012

Art Journal #13


#13 ~ Draw an owl

Drawing an owl has been on my list of things to do in my journal for quite some time and after a rather successful go at octopus tentacles last week, it seemed like the perfect time to try. Oh and this week I am using instagram photos since I can't find the charger for my camera (I'm convinced its hiding and laughing me from a secret spot in the house)

For the background I decided to use a bunch of different blues and a smidgen of silver paint. I wasn't feeling overly precious that day so its all very messy and hardly blended at all.
I then went over the background with gesso in the area I wanted to draw my owl. From there I drew the owl in pencil, added some lined paper and wrote this weeks quote. I really love how simple the owl is (considering I wasn't going for a photo realistic version.)

This quote could not have come along at a better time, it was almost a bit eerie. I have been starting to question why I do these art journal pages and spend all my spare time doing something that is essentially solitary. Shouldn't I go out more? Meet more people? Be more sociable in general? 
I realised I was trying to make it much more complicated than it really was.
It makes me happy- that's why I do it.
Plain and simple.  
And who says I have to go out and do this, that and the other thing? I am perfectly happy wrapping myself up in art supplies and spending hours listening to music and making a mess. 
Art Journaling #13Sometimes I think we need to take a step back from the over analysing and look for the most obvious answer. It doesn't always have to be complicated.

Materials:
Gesso
Blue Paints
Lined paper
2B Pencil
Green Washi Tape
PVA glue

Rhiannon xxoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment