Saturday, April 14, 2012

How to be an explorer of the world - by Keri Smith

How to be an explorer of the world - Keri Smith











I have read review after glowing review that says nothing but amazing things about this book so I asked if my parents could buy it for me for my birthday; and they did! Today is the first day I could actually sit down and read through all of it- the reviews weren't wrong.

This book is stupendous!


How to be an explorer of the world - Keri SmithNearly every exercise is something I had never thought of doing. They involve collecting, listing, documenting, seeing, sketching, people watching, smelling, observing...

How to be an explorer of the world - Keri Smith

Going through the explorations in this book is a fantastic way to improve my imagination and really make me start to look at what's around me. To become more perceptive and notice the unusual and strange.

How to be an explorer of the world - Keri Smith

So far Keri Smith has really impressed me with how unique her books are. They are quirky and ridiculously fun to read and the pages being in mostly black and white makes it feel more like a workbook instead of a coffee table book. Maybe this was their plan- so I will be using mine like a workbook. I expect it to get dog eared, spills on it, rippled pages but this is part of the fun of being an explorer. Being able to get messy if you want.

How to be an explorer of the world - Keri Smith

But the best part? I feel like I've remembered how to think like a kid again. I am starting to remember how I used to look at things like picking up a twig and seeing if I could peel the bark off just because I wanted to know. And collecting nice feathers I would find in the woods just because they were pretty. It's quite a freeing feeling so I'm off to do some exploring and see what I can find.

What have you explored this week?


Rhiannon xxoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment