Thursday, October 27, 2011

Journaling on the go at Armageddon

This Saturday I have to work at an event called Armageddon. Now from what I can gather about Comic-Con, this is a much less intense version of that.

This year it's a 4 day event that has nearly everything you could ask for. All things anime and sci-fi, the latest/collector edition of comics, newest game & movie releases as well as heaps of fun things. Last year there was black light mini golf - how cool is that? Whilst helping set up today I saw a giant stage for the new Xbox Kinect which I'm keen to give a go if I get the chance.

I have worked at this event each year for either 4 or 5 years (i can never remember which) in a row so I can safely say it's going to be quite a lot of fun. I love being able to wander around all these dressed up people, looking at the latest and greatest of nearly everything. The only thing is about working there though is that it can get quite tiresome sitting at a stall from 9am to 6pm. I plan to try and avoid this by taking a small journal kit with me to keep me occupied when if things slow down.

I haven't had much experience with travel kits. The last time I put together a travel kit, I ended up taking so much I had to take 2 bags! So I have turned to the interwebs to try and figure out what my essentials will be this weekend; here is what I have found. Enjoy!
  1. Make sure you check out "My Essentials for a Traveling Art Journal Kit" by Natty Malik.
  2. Kira shared her traveling kit recently too, "{on-the-go journal kit}".
My Ecuador Journal & SuppliesMy suppliesThe Supply Kit

What are your essential art supplies to travel with?
Rhiannon xxx

1 comment: