Saturday, August 30, 2014

Oh my teeth!!

There are many amazing things about watching your daughter grow up. But there are also days (weeks, going on months in fact) at a time where it's so far beyond hard that you start questioning everything. It's so far beyond hard that you find yourself in tears because nothing you try helps ease her desperate cries of pain. And this is because of one dreaded part of growing up that all parents can relate to in one form or another...teething! 

There are a few babies out there who breeze through teething with barely a whimper. Sadly, Aria is not one of them. In fact she seems to be the opposite. She is one of the few who completely and totally loose her shit and is totally inconsolable regardless of all of the tips and ticks. 

We've tried everything: frozen dummies, cold flannel, camomile frozen flannel, teething toys,  teething powder, teething spray, bonjella, paracetamol, ibuprofen, letting her chew on my fingers, wooden toys, silicon toys...and a vast number of other things that escape me right now. You name it, we've tried it! Some days some things work, other days nothing works and I simply have to try my hardest to comfort her with cuddles (if it's a particularly bad phase she doesn't eve want to be cuddled). It's so hard and utterly heartbreaking. Feeling so helpless when your baby is in that much pain is possibly the worst thing I have ever felt. 


I have my fingers crossed that the moving up and down of her teeth will soon lead to one or two breaking through. I'm not sure how much more of this either of us can take. I am trying my hardest to appreciate and savour all the smiles I get in between the phases of inconsolable crying. Eventually this will all be a distant memory and my little girl will have a toothy smile instead of a gummy one.


Bottom line is that this little girl is growing up so fast! She is the light of my life and I can't remember what I did before her. I am so grateful to have such a little cutie for a daughter- teething cries and all

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment