Sunday, December 04, 2011

Zombie Apocalypse Birthday Survival

What could be a better present than a custom Zombie Apocalypse illustration printed onto an A3 canvas for Dan's 30th Birthday present? Not a lot.

I really wanted to get him a watch (like this or this) but I knew that I couldn't afford it so I started trying to think of something a little less expensive. I couldnt think of anything for weeks and I started freaking out a bit. Everything I thought of wasn't personal to us, or special in anyway, or I still couldn't afford it.

One night, when I was half asleep, I thought "Why don't I ask Alyssa to do a illustration commission of me, Dan & the cats surviving the zombie Apocalypse?"  It was one of those eureka moments. When I asked Alyssa the next day whether she would be interested, she was immediately said yes and was super excited to get started. All I said to her when going over what I wanted was that it needed to have Dan, myself and our three [loyal, zombie] cats. Oh, and that I wanted to be wearing that hot red dress off Resident Evil hehe. I am so incredibly happy with the outcome & Dan absoutley loves it.

I would love to show it to you now that it is actually printed onto canvas but Dan wants to keep it all sealed up in plastic until we get our own house. Our current flat is very damp (it's an old villa) so it might get mouldy or damaged over time.

Zombie Apocalypse

You should take a peek at the Friday Featured Artist post I did with Alyssa earlier this year to see more of her work.

Now I have to work out what to get him for Christmas hehe!!

Rhiannon xxx

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy that you guys liked it. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is so amazing! It's a great likeness for sure, and I just LOVE the zombies kitties! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Awesome! I especially love the glowing eyes of the kitties!

    ReplyDelete